MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
WEALD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON THE 17th DECEMBER, 2014
PRESENT: Mrs R. Wood (in the Chair), Mr G. Davie, Mrs J Mannering, Mrs L Harris, Mrs C Beddoe and Mr J Blackman
In attendance were the clerk and several members of the public.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – District Councillors Thornton and Hogarth and
Mr David Marchant.
- DECLARATION OF INTEREST – there was none.
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 22nd October, 2014 – the Minutes were accepted as an accurate record and were so acknowledged by the signature of the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING
(1) Dates of Meetings in 2015
It was agreed that the Parish Council Meetings will be held on the following dates during 2015:
All Meetings will be held at the Memorial Hall at 7.30 p.m., unless a different venue and/or time is advertised ahead of a meeting.
It was noted that the Annual Parish Meeting will also be held of 27th May following the Local Government Elections which will be held on 7th May, 2015.
(2) DCLG Paper on Open and Accountable Local Government
The clerk summarised the main provisions of the above paper and the impact it will have on the way the Parish Council conducts itself in future:
(1) All meetings on the Parish Council must be open to the public, except in limited defined circumstances.
(2) By resolution the Parish Council can decide to meet in private when discussing confidential business or for other special reasons where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest.
(3) Matters discussed in private are likely to cover such matters as the conduct of an employee, negotiations of contracts or tenders or the early stages of a legal dispute.
(4) At public meetings of the Parish Council members of the public are allowed to film and audio-record the proceeding and to report on such meetings. No prior approval is required by a member of the public.
(5) Public meetings of the Parish Council can be reported via social media of all kinds and members of the Council can tweet and/or blog at such meetings.
(6) Generally members of the public must be readily able to film audio-record, take photographs or use social media. The Parish Council must take steps to ensure this is the case, however, these activities must not act in a disruptive manner which could result in them being excluded from the meeting. Disruptive behaviour can include: excessive noise in recording; intrusive lighting and the use of flash photography.
(3) Lease of the Green
The clerk advised that the new lease of the Green had been executed on behalf of the Parish Council and had been returned by execution by Knole Estate.
SDC – “Gypsy and Traveller Plan: – Supplementary Site Options Consultation” – circulated for information. The clerk advised that a “Drop In” discussion session on the above would be held on Wednesday 14th January at SDC’s offices between 4-8p.m. and that the deadline for submission of comments is Thursday 22nd January, 2015.
Planning applications reviewed since the last Parish Council Meeting:
SE/14/03300/HOUSE – Lawrence Cottage, Windmill Road, Weald Part demolition of existing double garage to form single garage and erection of single storey side extension to form a new granny annexe. Supported by the Parish Council.
SE/14/03218/HOUSE – Morleys Farm House, Morleys Road Weald Demolition of existing outbuildings and single storey element to main dwelling. Construction of two storey side extension and single storey rear extension with roof light. Objected by the Parish Council. The Parish Council is not clear that the demolition of the outbuildings can be counted in calculating the 50% allowance. The Parish Council does not think that the design of the ground floor windows is in keeping with the original dwelling particularly as the dwelling is in a very prominent position in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
SE/14/03774/FUL – Land east of 2 Prudence Cottages, Long Barn Road, Weald – Erection of a 3 bedroom detached dwelling. The Parish Council objected to this application. The proposed dwelling is being built in the heart of the Village and in the Weald Conservation Area next to Prudence Cottages which are described by SDC’s Conservation Officer as “attractive and prominent and are major contributors to the overall character of the village” The proposed dwelling, as currently designed, is not appropriate in this prominent setting and does not add to the character of the village.
SE/14/03384/LDCEX – 19 Hurst Farm Road, Weald – Conversion of garage into bedroom, rear extension of two individual single storey side extensions to the southern elevation. The Parish Council supported this application.
SE/14/02738/LBCALT – Wickhurst Manor, Wickhurst Road, Weald – Application withdrawn.
SE/14/03152/HOUSE – Dale House. Church Road, Weald – Approved.
SE/14/02472/HOUSE – Southwood, Hurst Lane, Weald – Approved.
SE/14/03038/HOUSE – 8 Weald Close, Weald – Application withdrawn.
SE/14/02796/HOUSE – Blenheim Cottage Windmill Road, Weald – Approved.
SE/14/01938/HOUSE – Malmsmead, White House Road, Weald – Refused.
SE/14/01971/HOUSE – Ridge End, Bayleys Hill, Sevenoaks – Approved.
The Meeting was adjourned at 7.45 p.m.
7. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Meeting resumed at 8.00 p.m.
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Mr Blackman informed the members that the Gatwick High Weald Action Group would shortly be issuing leaflets to go to all households in Weald summarising the work of their campaign so far and the plans for future action by the Group and the community to oppose the planned expansion of Gatwick Airport.
9. CHEQUES FOR SIGNATURE
1523 N E Spurr £413.25
1524 CPC £198.64
1525 HWAG £150.00
1526 J Mannering £225.00
1527 Edward Tyrrell £408.00
1529 WMH £30.00
1530 SDC £80.00
1531 WMH £40.00
1532 R Marchant & Sons £4501.20
1533 KCC £723.31
1534 J Robertson Ltd £536.84
1535 PDL (N E Spurr) £565.29
1468 JC (South East Water) £163.01
1469 SDC £180.00
The meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.